The major health risks caused by obesity
Obesity is one such health condition which can root from a wide variety of reasons. It can be in your gene, it may be the result of your excessive consumption of sugar contained food. Also it can be the result of too much indulgence in junk food which are harmful to the body in many other ways as well. But whatever be the reason of gaining too much weight, one always needs to get outpatient obesity procedure and surgery. Still it is important that you get to know the health risks caused by obesity, much before that. Following are the major health risks which surfaces as the result of obesity:
- First of all, obesity can cause worse diseases like that of arthritis. Arthritis is a disease in which an individual faces difficulty in moving their arms or legs as because the condition causes really severe joint pain. Also individuals particularly faces major problem with their hips and knees. Survey shows that every year a huge number of individuals get their hips and knee replaced due to being overweight.
- You may already know that being fat puts adverse stress on your heart. Therefore, individuals who are on the obese side are more inclined to having heart diseases than individuals who have a lean figure. The heart problems which can be caused as the result of being excessive fat are heart stoppage, heart congestion, heart clogging and many more alike.
- Perhaps the most alarming factor about being obese is that it can even trigger some forms of cancer. Cancers like breast cancer, colon cancer and uterine cancer are pretty much linked to obesity. Also other forms of cancer which can be triggered by obesity are colorectal, pancreatic, gallbladder, thyroid, kidney, esophageal and endometrial.
- You might be surprised to know that obesity is the root to certain breathing disorders as well. These includes asthma, sleep apnea and many more. This is as because the extra fat can cause one’s ribcage from expanding which is the very key to healthy breathing. Also being excessive fat also causes one’s lungs to store too much amount of fat, which in turn lessens the amount of oxygen exchanged in one’s body.
- Major digestive problems can arise as the result of obesity. This includes the gastroesophageal reflux disease, which is more popularly known as GERD. This is a serious digestive condition where the individual’s stomach leaks backward in the direction of the esophagus. Naturally it causes disturbance in one’s esophagus which also causes heartburn.
- Diabetes is already a fearsome disease to have and obesity can cause the type 2 diabetes.
- Worst of all is obesity can make one feel inferior and unattractive which causes depression which is a worse psychological condition.
Hence now you know the adverse affect obesity can have on you. Therefore it is always safe to opt for the outpatient obesity procedure and surgery. And also one should eat healthy and have a disciplined diet chart in general.